E-911 BOARD OF COMMISSIONERS
December 21, 2021
Call to Order and Welcome: Chairman Dewayne Goodwin called the meeting to order at 2:00 p.m. via Zoom/in-person meeting at the Cullman County E911 Administration Building located at 604 Seventh Avenue, SW, Cullman, Alabama.
Public Comments from Citizens: None at this time.
Call of Roll to Establish a Quorum: Members present were Dewayne Goodwin, Dana W. Phillips, Barry Slatton, Keith Creel, and Terry Bentley. Also present were Gordon L. Sandlin, Administrative Director; Roger C. Humphrey, Administrative Advisor; Jackie Burnham, Administrative Assistant; Kayla Smith, GIS Technician; Amber Smith, CCSO; Jessica Quinn, CEMS, Billy Jackson, Jackson & Williams, Attorneys at Law; Connie Duke, and Megan Hinkle, public citizens. Chairman Dewayne Goodwin welcomed everyone to the meeting and presented a plaque to the family of Dorothy Maddox. The Board expressed their appreciation for her service.
Review and Approval of the Minutes and Expenses: Phillips made motion to approve the November 23, 2021, minutes with correction. Creel seconded; motion passed unanimously. Sandlin reported that there were no unbudgeted expenses since the last meeting and that excess recovery funds and legacy costs reimbursement were received in November 2021. Johnny C. Fricke Jr., CPA, Fricke, Sweatmon & Co., P. C., discussed with the Board the progress of the audit for FY2021.
- • Sandlin reported that a court order from the Circuit Court of Cullman County was received in the case of Lindsey Danielle Parsons versus Gregory Lynn Salle for 911 calls received on May 9, 2020. Copy of the calls were made and sent to Board Attorney Williams for distribution.
- • Sandlin briefed the Board on the ACCA Legislative Conference held December 8-9, 2021, in Birmingham, Alabama. Humphrey explained to the Board the importance of the AAND organization.
Wireless Update: 96% of all 9-1-1 calls made in Cullman County in November 2021 were made using a cellular telephone.
PSAP Information: Sandlin distributed a summary of PSAP equipment problems reported since last Board meeting.
Executive Director Report:
- • Sandlin reported that the letters were sent to each agency authorizing road sign allocations. The cut-off date for invoicing the Cullman County E911 Board is March 31, 2022. None have been received or paid at the time.
- • Database Manager Donna Smithson presented the annual address report for the Board’s review. The Board expressed their appreciation and congratulated Donna on a job well done.
E-911 BOARD OF COMMISSIONERS DECEMBER 21, 2021
- • Sandlin presented the FY2021 analysis for PSAP allocations to the Board for action. After Board discussion, Creel made motion to allocate 100% to the PSAP’s as presented. Phillips seconded; motion pass unanimously.
- • Sandlin presented a list for Board action of items in need of being declared as surplus. After Board discussion, Creel made motion to declare the items presented on the list as surplus and to transfer the 2012 Chevrolet Suburban to the Cullman County Commission on Aging. Bentley seconded; motion passed unanimously.
Board Attorney Report:
- • Attorney Jackson reported that there were no additional legal issues that will affect the E911 Board of Commissioners.
September 2021 financial reports were reviewed.
November 2021 PSAP reports were reviewed.
Adjourn: Slatton made motion to adjourn. Phillips seconded; motion passed unanimously. Chairman Goodwin adjourned the meeting at 3:03 p.m.
Minutes approved , 2021. Chairman