E-911 BOARD OF COMMISSIONERS
October 19, 2021
Call to Order and Welcome: Chairman Dewayne Goodwin called the meeting to order at 2:04 p.m.
via Zoom/in-person meeting at the Cullman County E911 Administration Building located at 604 Seventh Avenue, SW, Cullman, Alabama.
Public Comments from Citizens: None at this time.
Call of Roll to Establish a Quorum: Members present were Dewayne Goodwin, Dana W. Phillips, Samuel Tucker, Barry Slatton, Keith Creel, and Kenneth Nail. Also present were Gordon L. Sandlin, Administrative Director; Roger C. Humphrey, Administrative Advisor; Jackie Burnham,
Administrative Assistant; Kayla Smith, GIS Technician; Amber Smith, CCSO; and Roy W.
Williams, Jr., Board Attorney. Chairman Dewayne Goodwin welcomed everyone to the meeting.
Review and Approval of the Minutes and Expenses: Tucker made motion to approve the September 21, 2021, minutes as printed. Creel seconded; motion passed unanimously.
- Sandlin reported a subpoena received from the Circuit Court of Cullman County in the case of Joyce Hickley versus Braden Patrick Foy for copy of all 911 calls received reporting any and all motor vehicle accidents that occurred on July 20, 2019. Copy of the call was made and sent to Board Attorney Williams for distribution.
- Sandlin reported that a request and affidavit from Margorzata Miasek was received for a copy of a call she made 01/14/2020. After discussion with Board Attorney Williams, a copy of the call was made and forwarded to Williams for distribution.
- Sandlin reported receiving a court order from the Circuit Court of Cullman County in the case of Preston Moctezuma versus Li Nai for copy of 911 calls made on June 1, 2017. Copy of the call was made and forwarded to Board Attorney Williams for distribution.
- Sandlin reported that he plans to attend the second AAND Legislative Committee Meeting is scheduled for November 2, 2021.
- Humphrey briefed the Board on recent activity in Washington and at the federal level.