E-911 BOARD OF COMMISSIONERS
September 21, 2021
Call to Order and Welcome: Chairman Dewayne Goodwin called the meeting to order at 2:08 p.m. via Zoom/in-person meeting at the Cullman County E911 Administration Building located at 604 Seventh Avenue, SW, Cullman, Alabama.
Public Comments From Citizens: None at this time.
Call of Roll to Establish a Quornm: Members present were Dewayne Goodwin, Dana W. Phillips, Samuel Tucker, Barry Slatton, Keith Creel, and Kenneth Nail. Also present were Gordon L. Sandlin, Administrative Director; Roger C. Humphrey, Administrative Advisor; Jackie Burnham, Administrative Assistant; Kayla Smith, GIS Technician; Ryan Whisenhunt, CEMS; and Roy W. Williams, Jr., Board Attorney. Chairman Dewayne Goodwin welcomed everyone to the meeting.
Review and Approval of the Minutes and Expenses: Tucker made motion to approve the August 17, 2021 minutes as printed. Nail seconded; motion passed unanimously.
Sandlin reported a subpoena received from the Circuit Court of Cullman County in the case of Joyce Hickley versus Braden Patrick Foy for copy of all 911 calls received reporting any and all motor vehicle accidents that occurred on July 20, 2019. Board Attorney Williams filed a motion to quash and it was granted.
Sandlin briefed the Board on the AAND Legislative Committee meeting held on September 20, 2021.
Sandlin asked the Board to consider passing a resolution recognizing Cullman County telecommunicators as first responders. Phillips made motion to authorize Sandlin and Board Attorney Williams to comprise a draft resolution to be considered by the Board at the next regular meeting. Tucker seconded; motion passed unanimously.
Humphrey briefed the Board on the National NENA Budget Committee attended.
Wireless Update: 96% of all 9-1-1 calls made in Cullman County in August 2021 were made using a cellular telephone.
PSAP Information: Sandlin distributed a summary of PSAP equipment problems reported since last Board meeting.
Executive Director Report:
• Sandlin presented a Resolution of Memoriam Honoring Dorothy Maddox for the Board to adopt. Tucker made motion to adopt the Resolution of Memoriam Honoring Dorothy Maddox.
Creel seconded; motion passed unanimously.
• Sandlin presented a copy of a letter to the Cullman County Commission requesting appointment to fulfill the remainder of Dorothy Maddox’s term. Sandlin requested Board approval to send the letter. Creel made motion to send the presented letter to the Cullman County Commission. Phillips seconded; motion passed unanimously.
• Sandlin reported that the Pictometry/Eagleview Flyover/Imagery is 100% complete, has been delivered, is awaiting installation.
E-911 BOARD OF COMMISSIONERS SEPTEMBER 1, 2021
• Sandlin briefed the Board on the progress of the grant for the PSAP’s for purchasing consoles capable of toning departments. Sandlin reported that the console for the City of Hanceville has not been installed as of this date.
Sandlin spoke regarding the term expirations of Board members Keith Creel and Kenneth Nail on September 1, 2021. The business ofice received confirmation that both have been reappointed for four year terms.
• Sandlin presented a copy of specifications for a new 911 Board vehicle for the Board’s approval and also requested permission to go out for bid. Nail made motion to bid the new vehicle as per specifications presented. Creel seconded; Tucker abstained and the motion passed unamiously.
Sandlin reported that The Alabama Gulf Coast Conference 2021 at the Perdido Beach Resort in Orange Beach, Alabama is scheduled for October 10-13, 2021. Contact Jackie if there is a change in plans to attend.
Sandlin reported that the GIS of Alabama (GISA) Conference is scheduled for November 15-17, 2021, at the Lodge at the Gulf State Park in Gulf Shores, Alabama. If you would like to attend, please notify Jackie.
Board Attorney Report:
Board Attorney Williams reported that there were no additional legal issues that will affect the E9-1-1- Board of Commissioners.
July 2021 financial reports were reviewed.
August 2021 PSAP reports were reviewed.
Adjourn: Tucker made motion to adjourn. Nail seconded; motion passed unanimously. Chairman Goodwin adjourned the meeting at 2:51 p.m.