E-911 BOARD OF COMMISSIONERS
April 19, 2022
Call to Order and Welcome: Chairman Dewayne Goodwin called the meeting to order at 2:00 p.m. via Zoom/in-person meeting at the Cullman County E911 Administration Building located at 604 Seventh Avenue, SW, Cullman, Alabama.
Public Comments from Citizens: None at this time.
Call of Roll to Establish a Quorum: Members present were Dewayne Goodwin, Barry Slatton, Keith Creel, Dana W. Phillips, Samuel Tucker, and Terry Bentley. Also present were Gordon L. Sandlin, Administrative Director; Roger C. Humphrey, Administrative Advisor; Jackie Burnham, Administrative Assistant; Kayla Smith, GIS Technician; Amber Smith, CCCSO; and Danny Cain, City of Cullman Communication Center. Chairman Dewayne Goodwin welcomed everyone to the meeting.
Review and Approval of the Minutes and Expenses: Creel made motion to approve the March 15, 2022, minutes with corrections. Bentley seconded; motion passed unanimously. There were no unbudgeted expenses since the last meeting.
- Sandlin reported a subpoena and court order from the Circuit Court of Cullman County, in the case of Jessica M. Scharz versus Michael Jonathan Williams, for 911 calls on January 2, 2019. Copy of the calls was made and forwarded to Board Attorney Williams for distribution.
- Sandlin briefed the Board on the recent 911 activities, including HB414 and SB240.
Wireless Update: 97% of all 9-1-1 calls made in Cullman County in March 2022 were made using a cellular telephone.
PSAP Information: Sandlin distributed a summary of PSAP equipment problems reported since last Board meeting.
Executive Director Report:
- Sandlin reported that the letters were sent to each agency authorizing road sign allocations. The cut-off date for invoicing the Cullman County E911 Board is March 31, 2022. As of this writing, the following have been received and paid:
Holly Pond $ 193.00
Dodge City 147.00
City of Hanceville 836.00
Garden City 119.00
- Sandlin reported that the City of Cullman has requested the road sign allocation authorized by the Board and apologized for the delay. Creel made motion to approve payment. Tucker seconded; motion passed unanimously.
E-911 BOARD OF COMMISSIONERS APRIL 19, 2022
- Sandlin reported that the Cullman County Commission has sent an order for road sign supplies and are waiting for the company fulfillment and invoicing. Phillips made motion to approve payment when an invoice is received and approved by Sandlin. Tucker seconded; motion passed unanimously.
- Sandlin reported that the NENA National Conference and Expo is scheduled for June 11-16, 2022, at the Kentucky International Convention Center in Louisville, Kentucky. All that plan to attend, please contact Jackie so travel arrangements can be made.
- Sandlin reported that the APCO Convention 2022 is schedules for August 7-10, 2022, at the Anaheim Convention Center in Anaheim, California. If you plan to attend, please let Jackie know.
- Sandlin briefed the Board on the relationship between the ACCA and the AAND.
Board Attorney Report:
- Board Attorney reported that there were no additional legal issues that will affect the E9-1-1 Board of Commissioners.
February 2022 financial reports were reviewed.
March 2022 PSAP reports were reviewed.
Adjourn: Tucker made motion to adjourn. Phillips seconded; motion passed unanimously. Chairman Goodwin adjourned the meeting at 3:07 p.m.