E-911 BOARD OF COMMISSIONERS
February 15, 2022
Call to Order and Welcome: Chairman Dewayne Goodwin called the meeting to order at 2:07 p.m. via Zoom/in-person meeting at the Cullman County E911 Administration Building located at 604 Seventh Avenue, SW, Cullman, Alabama.
Public Comments from Citizens: None at this time.
Call of Roll to Establish a Quorum: Members present were Dewayne Goodwin, Barry Slatton, Keith Creel, Kenneth Nail, Dana W. Phillips, Samuel Tucker, and Terry Bentley. Also present were Gordon L. Sandlin, Administrative Director; Roger C. Humphrey, Administrative Advisor; Jackie Burnham, Administrative Assistant; Roy W. Williams. Jr., Board Attorney; Danny Cain, City of Cullman Communications Center; and Amber Smith, CCSO. Chairman Dewayne Goodwin welcomed everyone to the meeting.
Review and Approval of the Minutes and Expenses: Slatton made motion to approve the January 18, 2022, minutes. Tucker seconded; motion passed unanimously.
- • Sandlin reported a subpoena from the Circuit Court of Cullman County was received in the case of Abigail Renne Goggins versus Joshua Brian Goggins for 911 call made by Abigail Goggins on December 14, 2021. Copy of subpoena was forwarded to Board Attorney Williams and a motion to quash has been filed.
- • Sandlin reported a subpoena and court order received from the Circuit Court of Cullman County in the case of Brenda Wallace versus Fallon K. Whitehead for 911 calls. A copy of the subpoena and court order was made and forwarded to Board Attorney Williams. After the time of the accident was narrowed down, a copy was made and sent to Williams for distribution.
- • Sandlin briefed the Board on the recent 911 activities. Sandlin passed a handout regarding a proposed amendment related to obtaining a copy of a 911 call.
Wireless Update: 97% of all 9-1-1 calls made in Cullman County in January 2022 were made using a cellular telephone.
PSAP Information: Sandlin distributed a summary of PSAP equipment problems reported since last Board meeting.
Executive Director Report:
- • Sandlin reported that the letters were sent to each agency authorizing road sign allocations. The cut-off date for invoicing the Cullman County E911 Board is March 31, 2022. None have been received or paid at this time.
- • Sandlin reported that a quote was received from Quality Recording Solutions regarding a service agreement for the Board recorders and is ready for review and action. Tucker made motion to approve the service agreement for payment. Creel seconded; motion passed unanimously.
E-911 BOARD OF COMMISSIONERS FEBRUARY 15, 2022
- • Sandlin briefed the Board on a grant the City of Cullman, Cullman County, and the City of Hanceville are trying to obtain.
- • Sandlin informed the Board that the Board Treasurer position is vacant due to the passing of Board member Dorothy Maddox. Chairman Goodwin opened the floor for nominations. Phillips nominated Samuel Tucker. Bentley seconded. Nail made motion to close the nominations. Slatton seconded; motion passed unanimously.
- • Sandlin passed out a list of available conferences and dates for the Board to consider in 2022.
Board Attorney Report:
- • Attorney Williams reported that there were no additional legal issues that will affect the E911 Board of Commissioners.
December 2021 financial reports were reviewed.
January 2022 PSAP reports were reviewed.
Adjourn: Tucker made motion to adjourn. Nail seconded; motion passed unanimously. Chairman Goodwin adjourned the meeting at 3:15 p.m.